Popular Post

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the gossip girl way

Is Gossip Girl on its way back up the quality ladder? It certainly seems that way. Last week’s episode was really good. And, GG fans, I’m prepared to say that this week’s installment bordered on great. And the threesome was even better in flashback form! Plus, they added a new character and he wasn’t a dud! In fact, the dude was hot like fire. Chrismukkah has come early!

The major story of the evening was the fallout after the Dan/Olivia/Vanessa threesome. Olivia started to become jealous of Vanessa and Dan’s relationship which basically amounts to a mutual fondness for frowning, caffeine, and Morrissey. It was quite amusing seeing Dan Humphrey strolling down the street like he was a love machine (“Just me, Olivia, Vanessa. Two girls, four boobs, and one Dan Humphrey. How awesome am I?”). Also, the flashbacks to the threesome were waaaay more hot than anything in last week’s much-hyped episode. I wonder if the Parents Television Council tuned in last night.We also learned a much repeated rule of theesomes: The third person is always supposed to be a stranger! Gossip Girl not only entertains, it teaches.



And some one gets paid to write this..I couldn't help myself but find this so stupid to read this morning on EW. And people think last night's show was the best ever. Hmmmm...Its the first one I've watched this season after hearing about the threesome hype that was so lame.


Honestly, the show can't even make guest stars look worth watching. Maybe its the hair products they use. I dunno what was up with Hillary's hair or the one who plays Vanessa, but it was odd. And I wasn't into Serena's little French pony-tail, either.

I suppose this Americanizing the threesome or trying to be what pops up on so many shows across the pond like on Hollyoaks. Still we can make these storylines awkward and quite lame. Perhaps its all the materialism involved. Its hard to find the heart of characters on Gossip Girl.

Last season I'd watch just to watch Ed over act. It was hilarious. He was so fun to watch. I have to admit the one thing they have going on the show is Nate and Dan's friendship. But really this show it quite the same old same old. I'm not sure I'm up to write fan fic about it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment