Popular Post

Sunday, January 24, 2010

pretty people



OK, I'm a little sad that I won't get to see A Single Man. For various reasons.

1. its at an artsy place downtown that Clive doesn't want to drive too.
2. it'll make Clive uncomfortable. A gay movie.
3.I was to go with a co-worker, but she's sick, and the movie is leaving town. My other co-worker, who I'd rather be going with, is working.

I know, get up the guts. Go see it, Ivy. What's your problem?

Sometimes, its just good to think of it, as you think it would be. It might surprise you. It might have been better in your head than it actually was. Well, that's the way it was with Paper Heart. I so could not wait to see it. I was so excited. Another movie I never got to go too because of the artsy factor, and it wasn't showing in the nearby cinema, either. Honestly, Charlene just isn't as charming as I expected. And her giggling got a bit annoying. And seriously, just what was the point. I liked the idea of people talking about how they met and what love is to them. And her puppets were pretty cute. But still. Dunno. Just wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

But this is Tom Ford we are talking about who directed A single man. He makes everyone look brilliant. And granted, I feel sure Nick would have never been capable of this role if he hadn't been Tony in Skins. That was the essences of probably getting people to pay attention to what this very tall young man could do. Although, from interviews, I can tell he's rather proud of all the mundane movies he's done, and I love that humble attitude of his. I hope it stays with him. One about a mountain which I can't remember the title of, and I'm sure will be overlooked just as I am over looking it now. I hope A Single Man comes out on DVD soon. Hopefully, some day, Nick will get an Oscar and this will possibly be the movie that did it only he won't ever be recognized that he did so amazingly in this film. Instead, it'll be given to Colin Firth, which he is way overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment