Popular Post

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tuesday night TV

Well, I'm sort of caught up with LOST now..maybe. Maybe I don't want to be caught up. Gotta wonder. Its like this season is the fan fiction of the show, or something. I mean, Sawyer a cop? Come on? Seriously? Well, in the side flash story or what ever you want to call it. And those people on that other island. Then the ones we almost have figure out. All ..dead. Its exciting and frustrating at the same time. Just hope I can make it through the next 8 episodes.


Moving on to PARENTHOOD on NBC. It was long awaited. But they had to change up the actors due to illness and what not. So they have a pretty good cast. Actually. But..I don't know..this storyline with the Aspergers storyline. Their child..he's got to be fixed. And now he's in a  certain school..just for kids like him. How lucky are they? Yeah, that would be great for most, but generally, it doesn't work that way.

I know 2 people who contend with it, daily. One, he could be monster if he wasn't on his meds. Even when he is, he's a compulsive liar and hates everything. The other, started college at the ripe age of 16. Sure, he has social issues and can't exactly meet the right guy. But what I do know..the vast differences in how they are taught at home. The latter is from a sweet loving family while the other I first spoke up comes from a family who are angry at each other all the time at home.

Honestly, this would have been a much better storyline if they'd given it to Dax Shepard as an adult. It would be far interesting to see how a person deals with this type of autism. Most who are of an older generation have been over looked with this problem. But generally, they are people who, sometimes, can't work..or maybe even my Dad. I've met an older fellow through work, who I have a feeling is paid not to work. Naturally, he's a know it all, yet has a strange way of socializing. The other is a college student, who has absolutely, beautiful eyes and really, he looks like he could be right off the runway. I mean, he makes anything look good. He looks a lot like Chance Crawford from Gossip Girl.

My foster Mom had wanted me to meet him because she thought he was an art major, and hinting I should be around someone art-like since I had wanted to go into art at one time. Oh, what a funny encounter. I did learn that he'd been to a lot of colleges. But he'd never really majored in anything. His Dad was an officer in the military. At the moment, he lives with a distant relative. He does like talk. Although, I wasn't sure what he was talking about. Anyway, it was kind of sad. In a way. But I think he's happy. He finds so many things exciting in his mundane world. Of course, it might be a different story, living with someone like that. He doesn't drive.

Anyway, to bad their aren't more characters like these people. Especially, in Parenthood where it seems things are just a little too perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment