Popular Post

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Crazy heart

I dunno. This film was produced by some people who believed in it. The story is character driven. Its got critical acclaimed stuff, going for it. Yet, I didn't hate it. It was just not quite what I had hoped for. Its a story about an old country blues singer on the comeback trail. Possibly.

Jeff Bridges is an amazing actor. Honestly, if this had been written by Larry McMurtry it might have had a different outcome.

A. he would have found out he'd slept  with his daughter.
B. his son would  have actually shown up and he'd be somebody really interesting like Jeremy London or Justin Temberlake.

As it was, Bad Blake was just a drunk who finally wrote some songs. I don't think this was a stretch for Bridges. Yes, he sang. But I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can be a country singer.

I don't mean to be a downer about the movie. I didn't hate it. Yet, I felt it just didn't match up to the hype, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment