Popular Post

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my new obsession

There is just something about Tyler Grady on American Idol. He's from Nazareth, Pennsylvania and he's making his mark on National TV as the next Jim Morrison, I suppose. But if you look a little bit more closely, there is a bit of John Mayer in him too. Although, as of late, John Mayer has gotten a bit cocky.



True, Tyler's got the swagger and perhaps a bit of a throw back of the 70's, but there is definitely a rocker in him and hopefully American Idol won't hinder him from being his true self.



He sings lead vocals for the band Wailing Waters. I don't know what they'll do with out him. Sort of like Jamie Campbell Bower's band, The Darling Buds. I don't know why, but there is something about Tyler that makes me think he probably stays as true to his band as Bower has a knack of wanting to be there for his too. And I think they would consider themselves just one of the guys in the band.

The group started way back in 8th-grade. They performed in a talent show way back then. Thus began Wailing Waters. And now Tyler Grady has gotten to the Top 24 of American Idol.

P.S SINCE I WROTE THIS, TYLER WAS CUT FROM AMERICAN IDOL. Thats OK..Honestly, I think American Idol would have hurt him in the long run by wanting to change him. I'm glad he's got the opportunity to stay with Wailing Waters..perhaps this will give them just what they need come summer to hook up on other band tours I hope. GO TYLER. Don't look back. American Idol isn't always what its cracked up to be. I love my indie bands and I think thats where he needs to be. And if all else ...well, this guy should really be in a Gap Commercial or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment